What We’re Doing
StubHub Center is committed to reducing our environmental impact.
Our efforts focus on saving energy and water, recycling, purchasing environmentally preferable products, and helping raise awareness of environmental issues. Here are just a few of the projects we have implemented to minimize our environmental impact:
- In 2016, we became the first soccer-only MLS stadium to install LED sports lighting and the first stadium in the world to install a battery-based energy storage system
- We built an LA Galaxy Greenhouse, a chicken coop, and a bee farm to grow local produce that can be used onsite
- Have irrigated fields and landscaping with recycled water since opening in 2003
- Installed waterless urinals and faucet aerators to reduce water consumption
- Created initiatives to encourage alternative transportation to events, including free shuttles to select events, promotion of public transit options, and bike rack installation
StubHub Center is proud to participate in AEG 1EARTH, AEG’s corporate environmental sustainability program. Through AEG 1EARTH, we:
- Exchange environmental best practices with other venues
- Track our environmental performance on a monthly basis, measuring energy consumption, water usage, and waste diversion
- Contribute to AEG’s progress towards its 2020 Environmental Goals
To learn more about AEG’s sustainability efforts and progress towards its 2020 Environmental Goals, please visit the AEG 1EARTH website and read AEG’s Sustainability Report. We also support Protect the Pitch, the LA Galaxy’s sustainability initiative.
What You Can Do
- We’re doing our best to reduce our environmental impact and hope you will join us in our efforts. Here are a few tips to make your visit more environmentally friendly:
- Consider walking, biking, taking public transit, or carpooling to avoid traffic, save on gas and parking, and reduce your carbon footprint. Get directions here.
- Help us increase our recycling rate by placing all waste and recyclables into designated receptacles – if you aren’t sure where to put something, please ask!
- Use only as many disposable items (e.g., paper towels, napkins, utensils) as you need