Environmental Sustainability at StubHub Center
What We’re Doing
StubHub Center is committed to reducing our environmental impact. Our efforts focus on saving energy and water, recycling, purchasing environmentally preferable products, and helping raise awareness of environmental issues. Here are just a few of the projects we have implemented to minimize our environmental impact:
- Linked our lighting, air conditioning, and heating systems to motion sensors to ensure they are only consuming energy when spaces are occupied
- Upgraded equipment, such as boilers and washing machines, to more energy-efficient models
- Have irrigated fields and landscaping with recycled water since opening in 2003
- Installed waterless urinals and faucet aerators to reduce water consumption
- Created a program to recycle bottles, cans, cardboard, paper, glass, plastic, metal, kitchen grease and more, and to compost food waste
- Began purchasing recycled-content paper products
- Switched many cleaning products to green alternatives
- Partnered with Levy Restaurants to source vegetables from on-site garden and purchase local and organic food for concessions
- Created initiatives to encourage alternative transportation to events, including free shuttles to select events, promotion of public transit options, and bike rack installation
- Launched several annual events to educate community about environmental issues, including Earth Hour, Earth Day and America Recycles Day
StubHub Center is proud to participate in AEG 1EARTH, AEG’s corporate environmental sustainability program. Through AEG 1EARTH, we:
- Exchange environmental best practices with other venues
- Track our environmental performance on a monthly basis, measuring energy consumption, water usage, and waste diversion
- Contribute to AEG’s progress towards its 2020 Environmental Goals
What You Can Do
We’re doing our best to reduce our environmental impact and hope you will join us in our efforts. Here are a few tips to make your visit more environmentally friendly:
- Consider walking, biking, taking public transit, or carpooling to avoid traffic, save on gas and parking, and reduce your carbon footprint. Get directions here.
- Help us increase our recycling rate by placing all waste and recyclables into designated receptacles – if you aren’t sure where to put something, please ask!
- Use only as many disposable items (e.g., paper towels, napkins, utensils) as you need
NewsletterSign up for Home Depot Center Newsletters and Emails Sweepstakes
Sign up to our newsletter pre-sale notices, updates, sweepstakes & more!